Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant Certified, Cardiology Job|
View all jobs from this company
<< Go back |
||Jan 24, 2018
||- n/a -
||- n/a -
||US - Minnesota - Minneapolis
Local 113 Job Description
HR Date: 1/30/2007
Job Code: 120750/120720
Position Title: Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant CertifiedUnit: IV
Reporting Structure: Physician Mentor
Program Direction: Administration: Department Head
Professional Practice Consulting: Nursing/Reception Administrator
Professional Knowledge: Physician Preceptor
Professional Practice Consulting:
Administration: Clinic Manager and Department Head
Nurse Practitioner Job Description
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and formal nurse practitioner program.Masters’ required for candidates graduating after 1992.
* Current RN License, Certified or eligible for certification through ANA national exam as ANP, FNP.If without certification, must pass certification exam within 12 months of hire.
* Approved or eligible for approval by the Minnesota Board of Nursing for prescription writing privileges.
* Current CPR certification.
* Must be able to provide own transportation for local travel.May provide service to patients at multiple clinic locations and/or hospital sites.
* One-year experience as ANP, FNP.
* active member in professional nursing association.
Lifting of infants/children and/or adults may be required. No lifting requirements are identified, but the potential for lifting exists.Performing physical examinations, communication with parents/patients and implementing medical or nursing treatments requires adequate vision, hearing and tactile motor skills.Must be able to speak, read and write English proficiently.
* Understanding and acceptance of role by staff and HealthPartners members.
* Integration into the HealthPartners provider system.
* Maintaining professional identity within the framework of the care unit team.
* Development / Maximizing of Nurse Practitioner Role
* Local 113
* MN Board of Nursing sets the definition for nursing practice and licenses NP practice.
* National Certification Organization ex:ANCC which certifies specialty practice.
* Physician mentor collaboration/Medical Department Leadership
Service excellence is to be centered on patient care and patient relationships and is the responsibility of all employees. Teamwork is the norm and all employees will be held accountable to work as effective team members. As a primary provider, the Nurse Practitioner (ANP, FNP) provides a source of entry for the patient into the healthcare system through identification and management of healthcare of individuals and families (consistent with description of practice of certifying specialty).Care provided emphasizes health promotion and disease prevention, as well as diagnosis and management of acute and chronic diseases.The nurse practitioner works autonomously as well as in collaboration with his/her physician mentor, according to HP and ICSI Guidelines.Patients are encouraged to be responsible for their own health behavior through education, support and involvement in their plan of care.
I. Assess the health status of individuals / families as appropriate.
II. Develop and Implement "Plan of Care" in collaboration with patient.
III. Collaborate and coordinate with other health professionals as appropriate.
IV. Maintain and improve professional practice.
I. Assess the health status of individuals / families as appropriate
1. A complete health history is obtained and documented.
2. Patient’s perception of problem is elicited.
3. A complete, accurate physical examination is performed and documented.
4. Appropriate screening and diagnostic tests are ordered and evaluated.
5. A problem list is developed.
6. Wellness and risk factors are identified.
7. Identify variations from norms and diagnose common health problems and diseases.
II. Develop and implement plan of care
1. Sets goals and plans mutually acceptable to patient and provider.
2. Prescribe variety of modalities to meet wellness and illness needs, including but not limited to medication, nutrition, exercise and traditional nursing treatments.
3. Manage wellness and illness needs according to HP and ICSI Guidelines.
4. Teach and support positive self-care activities including problem solving and selection of treatment alternatives.
5. Provide health counseling and emotional support throughout care.
6. Interventions are chosen which will promote the patient's participation in his/her own care to the greatest possible extent.
7. Evaluate the process and outcome of management plan and modify the plan as appropriate.
III. Collaborate and coordinate with other health professionals as appropriate
1. Discriminate between situations requiring independent management, collaborative management with physician and immediate or further referral.
2. Collaborate with physician when unusual incidents or changes in patient's condition occur.
3. Coordinate care involving other healthcare providers.
4. Make appropriate referrals.
5. Function as a mentor, resource and educator for other staff members.
IV. Maintain and improve professional practice
1. Recommendations for improving care are made.
2. Maintain professional competency by remaining current in continuing education activities.
3. Arrange for periodic meetings with physician mentor.
4. Maintain current licensure and certification.
5. Incorporate current research into practice to improve practice.
6. Participate in peer review activities.
7. Receive yearly performance evaluation.
8. Practice in accordance with national standards of practice.
9. Appropriate documentation of care is done according to HP standards.
10. Participate in appropriate task forces for committees.
Physician Assistant Certified Job Description
* Graduate of an accredited formal physician assistant training program.
* Current Minnesota PA license.
* Current NCCPA certification.
* Active member in professional PA association preferred.
* Approved or eligible for approval by the Minnesota Board of Medical practice for prescription writing privileges.
Applicant must possess body mobility, coordinated dexterity of hands, ears and eyes. Must possess sensory ac