JS J7 Operations Research Analyst Job|
View all jobs from this company
<< Go back |
||Feb 28, 2019
||- n/a -
||- n/a -
||US - Virginia - Suffolk
JS J7 Operations Research Analyst (Job Number:444315)
SAIC is seeking a JS-J7 Operations Research Analyst in Suffolk, VA
The Joint Staff J7 Joint Forces Development Analysis Division (JFDAD) supports the development of the Future Joint Force through conducting studies comprised of detailed analysis of Joint Concepts and execution, and needed capabilities. JFDAD’s strengths lie in performing active collection and tailored analysis, via teams that collaborate with multiple Joint Staff J7 divisions. JFDAD analysts contribute to mission analyses, conduct interviews and research, conduct thorough analysis and identify actionable recommendations; the level of analysis is similar to graduate-level work, based on a reasonable depth of credible evidence, and rigorous peer review.
Job Duties Overview:
- Provide analytical support to JFDAD studies and projects. Contribute to studies and provide deliverable products of a quality and level of detail appropriate for flag- or general-officer, and/or Senior Executive Service audiences. Use the highest academic standards in operations, systems, and organization research to ensure JFDAD products are defensible.
- Draft polished, professional reports and papers, and detailed briefing slides based on assigned finding/focus area.
- Provide research of existing doctrine, concepts, orders, organizational charts, mission briefings, exercises and military operations to establish mastery of the pertinent facts surrounding an issue or finding for a JFDAD study.
- Apply objective, analytical, and orderly thinking to the mission analysis for complex operational and management problems;
- Develop pertinent inputs to JFDAD studies and projects, based on thorough analysis..
- Summarize and synthesize complex analyses into simplified terms and present results to project/study team, as well as JFDAD, J7 and/or other Joint Staff J7 organizations.
- Advise JFDAD leadership on all matters pertaining to the conduct of large and complex analyses, and data presentation.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree.
- Five years (or more) of experience with military operations, preferably at the Joint Staff or strategic theater levels
- Active DOD Top Secret/SCI
- Background in at least one of the following: Modeling & Simulation, Experimentation, Operations Research System Analysis (ORSA), Policy Analysis, Decision Support Analysis, Fires, Intelligence and Special Access Programs/Special Technical Operations
- Experience in joint exercises, war gaming and/or exercise planning
- Master’s degree
- JPME II or service equivalent
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Feb 25, 2019, 9:16:53 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-SUFFOLK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job