Associate Manager, Lab Systems Job|
View all jobs from this company
<< Go back |
||Apr 12, 2018
||- n/a -
||- n/a -
||US - New Jersey - Summit
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Laboratory systems administrator responsible for systems maintenance and monitoring. Experience in Pharmaceutical GxP regulated and non-regulated lab areas. implements, monitors and provides technical support of laboratory systems.
Proven track record of customer service, follow through, identifying issues, exploring resolutions, and implementing solutions that are timely, customer focused and in compliance with GMP and IT standards.
- Administration and support of Pharm DEV / QC applications including standalone lab systems
- Ability to link bench-level lab system usage/operation with a corresponding enterprise lab system (i.e. HPLC Empower).
- Deliver support for GMP systems, installing new releases and patches (hot fixes), and performing upgrades.
- Responsible for Pharm Dev / QC application’s system efficiency and technical support.
- Perform routine backup operations, ensuring all required data files are successfully backed up to the appropriate media.
- Repair and recover from hardware and software failures, coordinate and communicate with related vendor or individuals.
- Prepare, review and update software/hardware qualification documents, change control, guidelines and SOPs.
- Provides technical support to business groups through the use of troubleshooting procedures and testing.
- Administration, support and maintenance of Laboratory computer systems adhering to service levels.
- Subject Matter Expertise in lab instrumentation and/or process control computing, including but not limited to Empower, ELN and other laboratory instrumentation.
- Must have basic understanding of network architecture, system diagrams and interfacing components.
- Combining strong technical ability with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to provide technical solutions that support the business
- Liaising with laboratory equipment vendors to ensure laboratory and systems can be effectively and securely integrated into the Celgene computing environment.
- If so required, manages the vendor to provide application solution fixes.
- Keeping abreast of and implement best practices in laboratory and computer environments
- Troubleshooting client instrument workstation and information technology issues
- Provides feedback and suggestions to the client for future improvements
- Analyze, identify, and implement enhancements, upgrades to improve the overall support of the desktop platform in a timely manner
Experience and Required Skills:
This position requires a minimum of a Bachelors in Science in Computer Science, Life Science, or equivalent industry experience, and 5+ years of relevant technical experience including supporting lab systems.
- 5+ years experience working in biotech or pharmaceutical companies (lab environments specifically)
- 5+ years experience working with IT Systems
- 4+ years supporting Windows Systems and Services
- Demonstrated understanding of Networking, Architecture
- Experience in a high-availability, on-call environment
- Customer focused, follow-through
- Excellent customer service skills – interfacing with scientists, interfacing with vendors and other IT groups
- Excellent organizational Skills - ability to manage time and multiple tasks
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong GMP knowledge (standards, compliance, data integrity). Able to write corresponding investigation documents
- Problem solving, proven customer relationship and communication skills, and team behaviors
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices as defined by the Company and/or customer’s site safety
- Excellent Organizational Skills - ability to manage time and multiple tasks
- Excellent written and verbal skills
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Req ID: 17000008
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Summit
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Celgene Corporation
Employee Status: Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Job Posting: 2017-01-12 00:00:00.0