Network Lab Engineer|
View all jobs from this company
<< Go back |
||Apr 12, 2018
||- n/a -
||- n/a -
||US - Pennsylvania - Pittsburgh
Network Lab Engineer-TRCS-USWM01362540
NETWORK LAB ENGINEER
REQUISITION NUMBER: TRCS-USWM01362540
Bombardier Transportation is a world-wide leader in rail technology. From mainline to metro, light rail to locomotives, our strategy is one of continuous development that provides the most effective and innovative rail solutions for today and tomorrow!
Rail Control Solutions (RCS) is Bombardier Transportation’s signaling division. RCS is focused on optimizing the flow of trains and delivering innovative signaling systems which enable the safe and efficient operation of rail networks and trains. A career within RCS enables you to work closely with our world-class engineers and learn more about how your field of study and interests can be applied to the transportation industry so you can create better ways to move the world!
Our RCS engineers develop and test automatic train control (ATC) software for rail vehicles or track (wayside) applications to deliver products, tools, and systems for driver-less train operation and control. Based in Pittsburgh, PA, as the Network Lab Engineer you you will set-up new servers and maintain existing servers in our test labs. You are responsible for lab management, testing lab equipment, and developing lab software as well as software test procedures. You will be part of the test and integration team which implements test solutions for serval vehicle and wayside subsystems.
In your role you will:
- Oversee all phases of lab set-up and maintenance for lab hardware & software (e.g. servers for virtual machines);
- Plan and schedule lab maintenance;
- Manage the lab network;
- Prepare, set-up and configure test equipment for projects and new equipment;
- Document the test environments and equipment;
- Continuously improve the lab environment;
- Partner with health, safety, & environmental (HSE) to implement lab safety and tidiness requirements;
- Collaborate with information systems to ensure network infrastructure supports lab functionality;
- Partner developers and testers to gather data and review current lab procedures;
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
As As our ideal candidate:
- You hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Software, or Computer Engineering;
- You possess at least four (4) years of experience in a software development or networking role;
- You possess experience with server installation, virtual machines, installation & configuration of LINUX, network (TCP/IP, routers, firewalls, etc.)
- You demonstrate a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office and other internet applications;
- You can operate independently while establishing strong working relationships with co-workers and cross-functional teams;
- You possess strong organizational and prioritization skills;
- You demonstrate critical attention to detail and deadlines, and are self-motivated;
- You possess the ability to adapt well to change in direction and priorities in a project and deadline-oriented environment
- Your written and verbal English communication skills are excellent.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.
the evolution of mobility
Job: Test Engineering
Primary Location: US-PA-Pittsburgh
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 08.04.2018, 11:30:44 PM
09.05.2018, 3:59:00 AM