Senior Health Informatics Analyst Job|
View all jobs from this company
<< Go back |
||Jan 24, 2018
||- n/a -
||- n/a -
||US - Minnesota - Bloomington
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Health Informatics Analyst to join our team. This position will create and develop essential department reports and deliverables to ensure timely dissemination of accurate information to organizational decision-makers; serve as project leader on the planning, design, and creation of complex data sets and analyses that will provide customers with a comprehensive understanding of the issue being studied; provide data analysis, interpretation, and consultation to maximize the use of HealthPartners administrative data (claims, authorizations, enrollment, pharmacy, financial, EMR, clarity, program engagement, abstraction data) in order to support needs of senior management, operational management and physician leadership; and assist Health Informatics team members on various projects including planning and designing data extraction, data layouts, data analysis and interpretation, and presentation of information.
At HealthPartners, you’ll find a culture where we live our values of excellence, compassion, integrity and most importantly, partnership. By working together, we will improve health and well-being, create exceptional experiences for those we serve and make care and coverage more affordable.
• Independently create SQL queries and SAS programs (or other fourth generation program languages as required) to develop core department deliverables and ad-hoc analysis.
• Maintain a working knowledge of analytical methodologies as well as core and other essential department reports to ensure appropriate application of findings including the internal benchmarking of results.
• Proactively identifies and addresses data quality issues when they arise and serve on data quality teams.
• Serve as a project lead on small to midsize department projects. Coordinates project efforts. Volunteers and promotes active leadership. Actively promotes a work environment that fosters self-directed teams.
• Maintain a working knowledge of administrative and other essential databases, including key definitions, element names, relational structure, as well as significant caveats and coding systems.
• Provide appropriate written and verbal communication as project lead to team members, manager and customers regarding project status, issue identification and resolution, and analytical results. Consult with customers to understand objectives, decision-making processes and need for analysis/interpretation of information to ensure information provided is aligned with needs.
• Provide training for new and existing team members on data and tools. Provides coaching in a one-to-one setting on specific technical or analytical skills as needed
• Self-manage project tasks through effective and independent work.
• Leverage desktop analytical and report publishing tools, specifically members of the Microsoft Office Suite of products to improve efficiency and facilitate decision making
• Validate assumptions and verify accuracy of essential department reports through understanding and application of CQI principles.
• Apply complex mathematical principles to analysis performed.
• Demonstrate HealthPartners Core Values: Passion, Integrity, Teamwork and Respect.
• Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
• BA/BS in mathematics, statistics, health care management, business, economics, finance or related field.
• Four years of direct experience working on the development of complex and multiple data sets for decision support.
• Four years experience in health care and/or health research settings, working with health care claims data.
• Direct experience using personal computer spreadsheets, word processing, database and mainframe software (4GL’s) and current industry measurement tools.
• Experience in an analytical setting using technical/analytical skills on the extraction, layout and interpretation of complex data sets.
• Experience presenting results verbally and in written form to senior level managers.
• Experience consulting and mentoring on the used statistical and other CQI tools and techniques in daily work.
• Ability to manage multiple, complex projects. Ability to coordinate projects from the concept stage to completion, leading teams representing multiple departments of an organization.
• Understanding of Relational Database Design and moderate proficiency of data Integration and Navigation.
• Well developed technical concepts, basic 4GL programming, and basic Business Intelligence Software Knowledge (Crystal, Business Objects, Access, etc.).
• Developed consulting skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to communicate technical concepts for non-technical users and to lead multi-departmental teams to effective and actionable decisions.
• Well developed technical skills including knowledge of and ability to learn and understand complex programs and Relational Database Design.
• Ability to produce tabular and graphical displays of data through PC applications.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills as well the ability to translate customer needs into the data extraction process.
• Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
• Understanding and willingness to use statistical and other CQI tools and techniques in daily work.
• Understanding and moderate proficiency of data Integration and Navigation.
• Masters Degree in mathematics, statistics, health care management, business, finance, health economies or other area providing analytical and technical skills.
• Good working knowledge with medical terminology, medical coding systems; ICD-9, CPT4, NDC, GPI.
• Well established SAS, Business Objects, SQL and MS Access reporting experience.
• Desktop publishing, graphing, and pivot table experience.
HealthPartners is recognized nationally for providing outstanding care and experience for patients and members. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package. For more information and to apply go to www.healthpartners.com/careers and search for Job ID # 45259.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.