Performs research, analysis, development, and evaluation of systems, procedures, and models in support of environmental surveillance project.
- Familiarity with standardized test methods, i.e. EPA Methods, ISO Methods.
- Familiarity with data input, analysis and reporting, i.e. Microsoft Excel, Graphpad Prism.
- Familiarity with hazardous materials/waste environment.
- Familiarity with general laboratory environment and instrumentation, i.e. fume hoods, pH meters, pipetors, centrifuges, sonicators, incubators, and balances.
- Familiarity with particulate and nanomaterial handling, preparation, functionalization and analyses.
- Ability to reason, troubleshoot, and optimize assays and analyses.
- Ability to apply state-of-the-art technologies, including the use of dynamic light scattering, microwave sample digestion, liquid chromatography/gas chromatography-mass spectrometry, Fourier-transform infrared instruments.
- Demonstrated excellent written/oral communication skills, with emphasis on the writing of laboratory standard operating procedures (SOPs), analytical methodology, and contributing to the preparation of reports, posters, and manuscripts for publication.
- Experience with SolidWorks, COMSOL, or other CAD/CFD software would be helpful.
- Significant hands-on experience with sample preparation and mass spectrometry methods to analyze trace metals in aqueous solution is a huge plus.
- Bachelor's Degree with 2 years of experience or Masters degree with proficiency in Mass Spectrometry
- US citizenship is required.
- 2+ years of related experience in one of the following areas: Analytical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Health Sciences, or Environmental Sciences
- Requires proficiency in inductively-coupled plasma mass spectrometry and/or atomic absorption mass spectrometry
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.