Major Responsibilities: This position is responsible for meeting revenue objectives within an assigned sales territory, as well as developing a strong understanding of the Enzo Life Science product mix and subsequent value proposition for key products targeted into the territory’s life science market. This position leverages product knowledge to develop, grow and maintain relationships with customers in all product market segments, balancing an optimized combination of sales channels. A key element to this position is to contribute to discussions regarding ideas, new opportunities and best methods for achieving success in a dynamic marketplace. In addition, the Account Manager executes on a strategic sales plan to create greater awareness for ELS products with the goal of generating greater product demand.
1. Meet or exceed quarterly and annual sales plans tied to revenue targets for a defined territory, set of accounts, and set of key products and/or specified business partners.
2. Proactively qualify and close new and sustainable business allowing the company to meet and/or exceed its revenue, product, and new customer targets.
3. Interact effectively with customers and partners through diverse selling efforts, including telemarketing, face-toface visits, training, negotiation of agreements, integration of products into company procurement systems, management of call for tenders, etc.
4. Recommend products and applications of products in response to customer inquiries.
5. Interact and follow with customers and internal staff to resolve customer inquiries.
6. Deliver technical seminars, participate in trade and vendor shows and conferences and establish institutional and key account supply contracts.
7. Contact customers following sales to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and expand sales potential.
8. Partner with Business Development, Product Management and Marketing to synchronize sales strategies around existing and future marketing campaigns.
9. Gain a strong technical understanding of ELS product content and value propositions with the goal of cross-selling the ELS product line.
10. Generate customer quotations for ELS products.
11. Ensure coordination with sales support functions to provide timely price, quote, and order requests.
12. Follow defined Enzo processes and utilize defined Enzo systems, including the use of the CRM system.
13. Develop and maintain excellent working relations with departments across the organization.
14. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a life sciences related field.
Experience: At least 3-5 years of inside or field sales experience, or related industry experience.
Skills: Superior customer service and oral/written communication skills. Strong interest in cell biology/drug discovery and various industry platform knowledge. Solid problem-solving and analytical ability, and attention to detail. Professional demeanor and ability to handle difficult customers with tact. Basic business math skills. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment and with a wide range of people. Computer proficiency required.
Travel: Up to 75%