Characterization Lab Technician Job|
View all jobs from this company
<< Go back |
||Jan 24, 2018
||- n/a -
||- n/a -
||US - Wisconsin - West Milwaukee
|Job Number: ||2846266|
|Business: ||GE Healthcare|
|Business Segment: ||Healthcare Global Supply Chain|
|About Us: ||GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. |
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
|Posted Position Title: ||Characterization Lab Technician|
|Career Level: ||Experienced|
|Function Segment: ||Shop Operations|
|Location: ||United States|
|U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces: ||Wisconsin|
|City: ||West Milwaukee|
|Postal Code: ||53219-1628|
|Relocation Assistance: ||No|
|Role Summary/Purpose: ||Join a multi-disciplinary team that is creating the future of the world’s fastest ceramic scintillators for CT Detectors. Lead critical efforts around process capability growth, process redesign, improved material utilization and early defect detection to dramatically simplify manufacturing processes and reduce product cost.|
|Essential Responsibilities: |
- Identify variation and design mistake-proofing efforts affecting materials composition in ultra high-purity chemical and ceramic synthesis manufacturing processes. Interact with manufacturing process owners, design experiments and deliver high quality analytical results utilizing compositional analysis techniques such as ICP-OES, ICP-MS, X-ray Fluorescence (XRF) and lead recommendations for enhanced characterization techniques.
- Interpret analytical data and communicate results clearly to colleagues, project teams, and business in written reports and oral presentations.
- Develop and implement new instrumentation and new analytical methodology for elemental composition analysis to accelerate early detection and process optimization.
- Generate new ideas for developing programs that apply analytical methodologies to meet business needs.
- Develop work instructions and train others to perform manufacturing characterization techniques.
- Develop mastery of Lean Six Sigma techniques through immersive application in improving current manufacturing processes or developing robust manufacturing processes.
- Collaborate with a peer group of domain experts to explore advanced technologies that will disrupt current manufacturing processes.
- Lead Design of Experiments (DOE) to develop process parameters, coordinating the fabrication of parts, commissioning and operation of process and test equipment, and supporting the diagnosis and troubleshooting of issues.
1. Awareness of and compliance with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
4. Knowledge and understanding of document control, design transfer, verification, validation, acceptance activity, DMR, DHR and electronic signature requirements to ensure that product, equipment, tools, processes, software, training and documentation meet requirements
|Qualifications/Requirements: ||1. MS in Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry, Geology, Earth Science, Materials Science or related disciplines with at least 7 years of related experience OR BS in Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry, Geology, Earth Science, Material Science or related disciplines with at least 10 years of experience.|
2. At least 5 years of hands-on experience in ICP techniques such as ICP-OES and ICP-MS.
3. Hands-on experience in various sample digestion methods such as acid digestion and alkaline fusion for a variety of material matrices such as metal, minerals, polymer, ceramic and biological samples.
4. Clear thinker with demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize and solve problems
5. Proven ability to analyze data and drive process improvements
6. Fluent in English, clear verbal and written communication skills
7. Strong team and interpersonal skills
8. Ability to work at multiple sites across the greater Milwaukee area.
|Additional Eligibility Qualifications: ||GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.|
|Desired Characteristics: ||1. PhD in Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry, Geology, Earth Science, Materials Science or related disciplines.|
2. Lean 6-sigma: GB, DFSS BB/MBB certified
3. Experience in Process Intensive manufacturing
4. Prior knowledge of Ceramic and Chemical Processing
5. Prior experience working at GRC