Data Scientist Job|
View all jobs from this company
<< Go back |
||Nov 15, 2017
||- n/a -
||- n/a -
||US - Virginia - Alexandria
Data Scientist (Job Number:430715)
SAIC currently has an opening for a Data Scientist Full time, 100%
Location: Both Government and Corporate sites in Alexandria, VA.
The successful candidate will function as a ‘hands-on’ technical lead for high visibility Data Science efforts at the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). As the Data Scientist, you will work directly with the USTPO team, leveraging your knowledge of data science, methodologies, and processing techniques to perform predictive analytics in the intelligence analysis domain. The candidate will possess knowledge in Applied Mathematics, to include: statistical analysis, temporal and pattern analysis, correlation of events, predictive probability analysis, and regression testing. The candidate will employ programming skills to perform analysis. The candidate will document and visualize data both temporally and spatially, and present data to managers. Ad-hoc informational briefings may also be required to explain methodologies and analytical findings to peers and customer stakeholders. The candidate will also investigate and implement new scientific analysis and methodologies to support big data analytics efforts and stay current with evolving technologies and capabilities This position of Data Scientist will directly support and execute the core elements of the USTPO Big and Open Data objectives: requirements and analysis, software design, development, implementation, and integration, development testing, configuration management (CM) and pilot pipeline automation support, production support, and software operations and maintenance transition. The software design, development, implementation, integration services will provide for integration of required changes with current software applications, database applications, and other solutions. Integration may include technical components, organizational components, and documentation.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
The Data Scientist will have a demonstrated ability to:
- Gather, analyze, and interpret a wide variety of data. o Plan data collection, and analyzes and interprets statistical data from surveys, experiments, studies, and other sources. o Plan methods to collect information and develops questionnaire techniques according to survey design. o Conduct surveys, evaluates reliability of source information, adjusts and weighs raw data, analyzes and interprets statistics, and organizes results. o Prepare conclusions and predictions based on data summaries.
- Conceive and prepare thorough, well-articulated tactical or strategic data science products (e.g. technical articles, visualizations, graphics, and intelligence reports) that summarize the methods and results of data science solutions.
- Design range of research projects, data collection and methodologies.
- Identify, retrieve, manipulate, relate and/or exploit multiple structured data sets from various sources.
- Identify problems to which data science can be applied and initiate appropriate solutions.
- Identify and appropriately evaluate a wide range of existing methods, models and algorithms in familiar domains for a variety of mission driven problems; recognizing the capabilities and limitations of methods.
- Conduct analysis of metadata
- Develop tools and techniques for analysis
- Exploit, fuse and use data and data sources
- Identify and analyze anomalous data (including metadata)
- Analyze data using appropriate tool set
- Evaluate research for practical application
- Design and develop analytics
- 9+ years of related statistical analysis experience.
- Familiarity with one or more types of quantitative data analysis. Social network or graph analysis preferred, but statistical, geospatial, modeling and simulation, or other accepted.
- Experience cleaning and manipulating data
- Experience with predictive modeling
- Experience with developing and implementing complex algorithms
- Experience using statistical analysis tools (ie. R, RapidMiner)
- Experience with analyzing large volumes of data using distributed processing architectures (ie. Hadoop)
- Experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Experience with Visual Basic and/or Python scripting
- Master’s degree in data science, math, statistics, computer science or a related field
- Ph.D. in data science, math, statistics, computer science or a related field, preferred
- U.S. citizenship required
- Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 13, 2017, 3:00:17 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-ALEXANDRIA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Other Clearance
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job