Health Informatics Analyst Job|
View all jobs from this company
<< Go back |
||Nov 15, 2017
||- n/a -
||- n/a -
||US - Minnesota - Bloomington
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Health Informatics Analyst position. This position will operate and maintain core department reports and deliverables to ensure timely dissemination of accurate information to organizational decision-makers; and work with Team Managers and other Health Informatics team members on various projects including data extraction, data layouts, data analysis and interpretation, and presentation of information.
At HealthPartners, you’ll find a culture where we live our values of excellence, compassion, integrity and most importantly, partnership. By working together, we will improve health and well-being, create exceptional experiences for those we serve and make care and coverage more affordable.
• Modify SQL queries and SAS programs (or other fourth generation program languages as required) to operate core department deliverables and ad-hoc analysis under limited supervision of project lead.
• Work with team leads and managers to validate assumptions and verify accuracy of core department reports through understanding and application of CQI principles.
• Maintain a working knowledge of administrative databases, including key definitions, element names, relational structure, as well as significant caveats and coding systems.
• Maintain a workin-g knowledge of core department reports and appropriate application of findings.
• Assist in the leading of teams, sub groups, department projects. Actively promotes a work environment that fosters self-directed teams.
• Apply sound mathematical principles to analysis performed.
• Proactively identifies and addresses data quality issues when they arise and serve on data quality teams.
• Provide appropriate written and verbal communication to project leads, team members, and manager regarding project status, issue identification and resolution, and analytical results.
• Provide coaching in a one-to-one setting on specific technical or analytical skills as needed
• Self-manage project tasks through effective and independent work organization.
• Leverage desktop analytical and report publishing tools, specifically members of the Microsoft Office Suite of products to improve efficiency and facilitate decision making
• Demonstrate HealthPartners Core Values: Passion, Integrity, Teamwork and Respect.
• Perform other responsibilities as assigned
• BA/BS in mathematics, statistics, health care management, business, economics, finance or related field.
• 1-2 years of experience working on collaborative projects in a Dynamic environment.
• Understanding and willingness to use statistical and other CQI tools and techniques in daily work.
• Understanding of Relational Database Design and moderate proficiency of data Integration and Navigation.
• Good technical skills including the ability to learn and understand PC programs and databases.
• Ability to produce tabular and graphical displays of data through PC applications.
• Ability to learn technical concepts and basic 4GL programming and basic Business Intelligence Software (Crystal, Business Objects, Access, etc).
• Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills as well the ability to translate customer needs into the data extraction process.
• Familiarity with medical terminology, medical coding systems; ICD-9, CPT4, NDC, GPI.
• SAS, Business Objects, SQL, Crystal, and MS Access reporting experience.
• Desktop publishing, graphing, and pivot table experience.
HealthPartners is recognized nationally for providing outstanding care and experience for patients and members. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package. For more information and to apply go to www.healthpartners.com/careers and search for Job ID # 45439.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.