Account Manager - Brokered Health Solutions Job|
View all jobs from this company
<< Go back |
||Nov 15, 2017
||- n/a -
||- n/a -
||US - Minnesota - Bloomington
At HealthPartners, you’ll find a culture where we live our values of excellence, compassion, integrity and most importantly, partnership. By working together, we will improve health and well-being, create exceptional experiences for those we serve and make care and coverage more affordable.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Account Manager - Brokered Health Solutions. This role is primarily responsible for on-going service, consultation, and implementation of collaborative health solutions that are specifically tailored to meet the customer’s unique goals for their health and dental plans. This position will be regularly managing roughly 500 small groups along with 75 Large Groups totaling 15,000 members. The majority of the work will involve regular interactions (both via phone and e-mail) with various brokers (75%) and HR staff/clients (25%).
* On all accounts:
* Meet with our key clients and brokers as needed in order to maintain and enhance our relationship
* Quickly respond to our clients to resolve any claims, billing, network management and operational issues in an effort to provide ongoing service that exceeds expectations to our customers and their brokers..
* Negotiate with the broker and customer through an evaluation of existing claims data to arrive at a fair renewal that supports a trusting, long-term partnership that is mutually beneficial to both HealthPartners and the client
* Achieve corporate retention and net growth targets for both medical and dental lines of business
* Sell ancillary lines of business such as dental, health and well-being and worksite health to our existing customers
* Assist the Sales Executives as needed on presentations to new prospects regarding implementation, account service plans, etc.
* Manage implementation of new and renewal sales, including GDF completion, member and group contract distribution, open enrollment communication pieces, monitoring of employer utilization reports, and requests for ad hoc reporting
* Collaborate with our key clients to set overall strategic direction and establish relationships with key decision-makers and their brokers
* Collaborate with our colleagues in underwriting to maximize revenue and membership growth
* As the point person for key customers to resolve complex and sometimes sticky business issues, the candidate will need to analyze difficult situations and make alternative recommendations
* Gather input from client and broker, analyze it, and make strategic recommendations to clients that provide real health solutions to our client’s problems
* College degree and minimum of 3 years of successful sales and account management experience
* Minnesota insurance license within 3 months of hire
* Demonstrated group presentation, negotiation and problem solving skills
* Knowledge of basic insurance underwriting principles
* Ability to manage multiple project assignments
* Ability to work effectively at all levels within an organization, from C-Suite to HR assistants
* Must have current, valid driver’s license and access to a reliable, insured vehicle
* Execution of a non-competition agreement upon hire
* Strong writing skills to effectively communicate with clients
* Experience, knowledge and competence in Consultative Selling principles
* Large group account management experience in the health insurance industry
* Solid project management experience
* Strong business background, advanced courses in business, marketing and / or finance
* Health insurance underwriting experience and / or strong numerical ability and reasoning skills
* Strong verbal and verbal reasoning skills
* Experience in quid pro quo negotiating techniques
* Prior experience in a team environment
HealthPartners is recognized nationally for providing outstanding care and experience for patients and members. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package. For more information and to apply go to www.healthpartners.com/careers and search for Job ID #45322.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.