Hospice LPN (On-Call) Job|
View all jobs from this company
<< Go back |
||Nov 15, 2017
||- n/a -
||- n/a -
||US - Minnesota - Bloomington
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an on-call, Hospice LPN. Service Excellence is to be centered on patient care and patient relationships and is the responsibility of all employees. Teamwork is the norm and all employees will be held accountable to work as effective team members. Provide direct care to patients needing hospice services and continuous hours of care in their place of residence or community setting. Range of services to be provided to include nursing (under RN supervision) as well as personal care assistance and homemaking as necessary.
At HealthPartners, you’ll find a culture where we live our values of excellence, compassion, integrity and most importantly, partnership. By working together, we will improve health, create exceptional experiences for those we serve and make care and coverage more affordable.
1. Demonstrating the highest level of nursing practices allowable within the scope and limits of the State Nurse practice Act for LPNs.
2. Performing technical nursing skills in a home setting under the direction/supervision of the RN and according to the interdisciplinary care plan.
3. Organizing the patient environment to achieve outcomes of comfortable and safe dying, self-determined life closure and effective grieving.
4. Contributing to interdisciplinary team care planning observing patient’s physical/psychosocial functioning and monitoring responses to treatment plans.
5. Setting priorities, organizing work schedule and processes for effective use of time.
6. Meeting professional legal, regulatory requirements and departmental standards in documentation.
7. Demonstrating clear, concise, consistent communication with patient, caregivers and team members.
8. Respecting individual differences in peer and patient relationships.
9. Recognizing conflict situations and applies own skills and resources to manage.
10. Participating in quality improvement processes.
11. Complying with department policies and procedures.
12. Participating in scheduled work Sunday through Saturday/24 hours a day as necessary for care of hospice patient, including weekend rotation.
* Graduate of an accredited school of licensed practical nursing.
* Current State of Minnesota LPN license
* Three years full time hospital, clinic, long-term care, home care, or hospice experience
* Current CPR certification
* Ability to work independently
* Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
* Current MN Driver’s License and daily access to reliable, insured vehicle.
* Computer literacy.
* Hospice experience
* Free of physical and mental disabilities, which would interfere with the ability to independently deliver care to patients in their homes.
* Visual, auditory, and tactile acuity sufficient to make complete and accurate nursing assessments.
* Able and willing to drive a car in weather conditions typical of the upper Midwest.
* Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
HealthPartners is recognized nationally for providing outstanding care and experience for patients and members. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package. For more information and to apply go to www.healthpartners.com/careers and search for job ID 40846.
HealthPartners Hospice & Palliative Care is looking for a Licensed Practical who is interested in working hours on-call to make home visits to patients and their families. This position pays for time worked while on the phone and/or making home visits. Mileage is also paid at the Federal rate. Our business hours are Monday- Friday from 8:00am – 5:00 pm, however we service patients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The hours required working on call may be during the day, evening or at night based the needs of the program.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.