View all jobs from this company
<< Go back |
||Nov 15, 2017
||- n/a -
||- n/a -
||US - Texas - Houston
Posted Date: 3 weeks ago
Job ID: 2017-13286
Area of Interest: EN - Ecological Services
Job Type: Full Time
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): Bachelors Degree
Experience (Years): 3
SLP: J2WENVIRONMENT, J2WPROJECTS
Ranked #16 in Engineering News Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms, Golder Associates is a respected, employee-owned, global company providing consulting, design, and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment, and the related areas of energy. From 160 offices worldwide, our more than 6500 employees work with clients to manage their environmental and engineering activities in a technically sound, economically viable, and socially responsible manner.
The Houston, Texas office is seeking a staff Biologist/Task Manager to work as part of a team on energy, transportation, and natural resource related projects located around the country. Tasks include environmental planning and analysis, regulatory permit document preparation, technical writing, project management, client support and coordination, and business development. Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in environmental planning and permitting, natural resource study and analysis, and federal and state regulatory programs is required.
The position requires domestic and international travel and field work as dictated by project demands. Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Researching and interpreting federal, state and local regulations and requirements.
* Evaluating project permitting feasibility.
* Managing field teams and subcontractors
* Conducting field work as necessary
* Collecting, managing, and analyzing environmental data and information.
* Preparing permit documentation and environmental reports such as NEPA documents, FERC resource reports, and planning and permitting reports.
* Participating in project meetings; including client, agency, and public forums.
* Participating in business development/marketing with existing and new clients
* Leading internal staff, clients, and sub-contractors including management of project scope, budget, schedule, and forecasting
* Coordinating with federal, state and local agencies for project permitting
* Supporting generation of business development leads, written proposals and presentations, and project work capture
* Supervising and providing project technical support to field personnel
* Serving as project manager or technical lead on a variety of resource management projects
* Working with Corporate accounting department to review invoices, expenditures and project audits for projects/tasks
* Providing environmental permitting guidance to clients, which may require in-house support.
* Coordinating with engineers and other staff and subcontractors for drawing and graphic completion and readiness for permit applications.
* Interacting with internal staff, project managers, regulatory agencies, clients, and other contractors, as appropriate.
* Working efficiently under general direction; independently determine and develop approaches to solutions.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
* BA/BS in Environmental Sciences, Biology, Ecology or related fields
* A minimum of 3 years environmental planning work experience
* Demonstrated experience with FERC and other energy and transportation projects
* Strong working knowledge of NEPA and other federal regulatory program requirements.
* Ability to travel up to 25% of time
* Desire to grow professionally
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
* Excellent analytical, judgment, and problem-solving capabilities.
* Ability to handle the demands of multiple priorities for various projects.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Effective organizational and multi-tasking skills.
* Demonstrated client and regulatory relationship skills
* Proven project management and business development skills including preparation of project proposals, budgets, and schedules.
* Proven environmental planning and permitting capabilities for local, state and Federal projects.
* Ability to effectively work with and manage project team work and deliverables, schedules, and budgets
* Working knowledge and demonstrated experience in federal and state environmental policy and regulation
* Specific applied experience with an environmental consulting firm and/or regulated energy company in an environmental role is preferred.
* Proficiency with MS Office applications.
**No phone calls please.** While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our Staff Benefit from:
An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates
Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
Employee mentoring program
Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
At Golder Associates, we strive to be the most respected global group specializing in ground engineering and environmental services. Employee-owned since our formation in 1960, we have created a unique culture with pride in ownership, resulting in long-term organizational stability. Our professionals take the time to build an understanding of our clients’ needs and of the specific environments in which they operate. Golder has experienced steady growth in the number of people we employ and our technical capabilities. We now employ over 6,500 people who operate from more than 160 offices across Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America and South America.
Golder Associates Statement
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.