Laboratory/Field Technician Job|
View all jobs from this company
<< Go back |
||Nov 15, 2017
||- n/a -
||- n/a -
||CAN - British Columbia - Burnaby
Posted Date: 3 months ago
Job ID: 2017-13237
Area of Interest: EN - Geotechnical Engineering, Soil and Rock Mechanics
Job Type: Full Time
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): Technical Diploma
Experience (Years): 0
Golder is seeking a Geotechnical Technician/Technologist to join our group of technicians in South Burnaby. This exciting opportunity will allow you to develop your technical skills in the field with like-minded professionals in an employee-owned international firm.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
* Conducting in-site testing of various materials on construction sites, including compaction testing of soils and engineered fill, air and slump testing of concrete, and compaction testing of asphaltic concrete;
* Carrying out laboratory tests on soils, aggregates, concrete and other construction materials to applicable standards;
* Providing support during geotechnical and environmental drilling programs;
* Working with and providing support to other members of the field technician group in assisting with other field and office activities as required;
* Participating in a team environment; and
* Cleaning, maintaining, repairing, and calibrating testing equipment.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
* Geological, Geotechnical or Civil Engineering Technician/Technology Diploma from a recognized Engineering Technology program.
* Willingness to travel.
* Valid Driver’s License
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Flexible schedule, with the ability to work overtime and/or weekends as required.
* Safety oriented attitude; current First Aid and WHMIS training will be considered an asset.
* Previous experience working as a geotechnical technologist will be considered an asset.
At Golder Associates, we strive to be the most respected global group specializing in ground engineering and environmental services. Employee-owned since our formation in 1960, we have created a unique culture with pride in ownership, resulting in long-term organizational stability. Our professionals take the time to build an understanding of our clients’ needs and of the specific environments in which they operate. Golder has experienced steady growth in the number of people we employ and our technical capabilities. We now employ over 7,000 people who operate from more than 160 offices across Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America and South America.
To join our team of leaders in ground engineering and environmental sciences go to www.golder.ca and check out more career opportunities across Canada.
No phone calls please. We thank all the individuals who expressed interest. Only those individuals who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
Apply Online - Golder's Canadian Job Opportunities
Refer this job to a friendRefer