Geo-Environmental Engineer/Scientist Job|
View all jobs from this company
<< Go back |
||Nov 15, 2017
||- n/a -
||- n/a -
||CAN - Ontario - Windsor
Posted Date: 2 weeks ago
Job ID: 2017-13232
Area of Interest: EN - Contaminant Investigation and Remediation
Job Type: Full Time
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): Bachelors Degree
SLP: J2WENVIRONMENT, J2WGRADVAC
Golder Associates is seeking a dynamic Geo-Environmental Consultant (Junior/Intermediate) to join their Environmental team in Windsor, Ontario.
The successful candidate will work with our Environmental Group, which consists of professional geoscientists, engineers, environmental specialists and technicians.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
* Carrying out supporting tasks for preparation of Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs), including: compilation and review and historical and regulatory information, and carrying out interviews and site visits under the guidance of experienced staff;
* Under guidance from senior staff, participate in a variety of field investigations including: wastewater sampling, water quality assessments, groundwater level monitoring, aquifer testing, soil and groundwater quality investigations (Phase II ESAs and hydrogeological assessments) and/or monitoring of site remediation programs (Phase III ESAs);
* Being involved with the coordination and/or execution of various environmental projects at a junior to intermediate level, including: waste management, demolition and decommissioning, environmental due diligence and contaminated site related projects;
* Taking part in a broad range of technical services in the field of hydrogeology, including Permit to Take Water applications, groundwater impact assessments, aggregate license applications and resource evaluations, geoexchange feasibility studies, baseline hydrogeological studies and groundwater supply exploration and development; and,
* Assisting project managers with office duties such as data management, analysis and interpretation, report preparation, proposal preparation, and other general office duties.
* Work under the supervision of a senior team member, with the opportunity to rapidly assume increasing autonomy and responsibility;
* Liaise with Golder staff external to Windsor, to share with and assist as required;
* Travel nationally or internationally when required to conduct project work;
* Demonstrating a “Safety-First” focus and acting as a role model to other staff;
* Maintaining a high standard of behaviour to uphold Golder’s reputation and demonstrating a commitment to our Core Values; and,
* Performing other tasks as required.
In addition to strong interpersonal, communication and critical thinking skills, the successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
* Bachelor’s degree in Geology or Hydrogeology, Civil, Geotechnical or Environmental Engineering;
* Academic qualifications which give the candidate eligibility for professional registration in Ontario (P.Geo. or P.Eng.);
* Relevant field experience is preferred, but consideration will be given to strong candidates who may not fulfill this requirement;
* Familiarity with the regulatory environment in Ontario is an asset;
* Excellent work ethic with strong organization and time management skills;
* Strong team player – ability to work with all levels of an organization;
* Detail oriented with focus on quality of work;
* Highly effective verbal and written communication skills;
* Flexibility to work extra hours and for business travel when required;
* Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable, insured vehicle for daily business use;
* Must be fit to wear a respirator; and,
* Must be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs.
In addition, to be successful at Golder, you will possess the following Success Attributes: both an ownership and professional attitude; initiative; adaptability; ability to build trusting relationships; passion for learning and growth; and a positive attitude.
While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Our Staff Benefit from:
An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates
Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
Employee mentoring program
Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
Regularly ranked as one of the best companies to work for. As a global, employee-owned organisation with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth’s development while preserving earth’s integrity. From more than 180 offices worldwide, our over 8000 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
Golder Associates Ltd. is committed to treating all people in a manner that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. Golder believes in integration and equal opportunity, a workplace that is inclusive for all people where employees feel valued and have equal advancement opportunities. As such, we are committed to meeting the needs of people with accessibility requirements in a timely manner, and will do so by identifying, preventing and working to find solutions to workplace barriers to accessibility.
Upon request, please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation in relation to the materials or processes used during the recruitment process.
All positions are subject to pre-employment background checks i.e. Criminal, education, driver's abstract and/or credit checks in order to comply with regulations.
Only candidates who are legally permitted to work in Canada will be considered.
No phone calls please. We thank all the individuals who expressed interest.
Only those individuals who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
Apply Online - Golder's Canadian Job Opportunities
Refer this job to a friendRefer