Environmental Scientist - Toxicology Job|
View all jobs from this company
<< Go back |
||Nov 15, 2017
||- n/a -
||- n/a -
||CAN - British Columbia - Vancouver
Environmental Scientist - Toxicology
Posted Date: 4 months ago
Job ID: 2017-13206
Area of Interest: EN - Toxicology and Risk Assessment
Job Type: Full Time
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): Masters Degree
Experience (Years): 0
SLP: J2WENVIRONMENT, J2WMINE
Golder Associates is seeking an Environmental Scientist to join our Mine Environment Practice in Vancouver, BC.
Do you thrive on solving problems and want to be part of a like-minded and highly motivated team? We are looking for someone to bring their talents, training, enthusiasm and solutions-oriented focus to work as a valued and respected member of our multidisciplinary team as we tackle some of the world’s most challenging environmental problems by delivering some of the world’s most relevant solutions.
* Growing your career: We want you to grow and will support your efforts to build a fulfilling career.
* Conducting literature reviews on toxicology, environmental chemistry, and related topics; preparing report summaries and/or critical analysis
* Conducting field work and collecting samples for chemical and taxonomic analysis
* Data entry and screening, summarizing datasets, statistical analysis, and preparing written and graphical material for incorporating into reports and presentations
* Implementation of quality assurance/quality control measures applicable to the task
* Assisting with report and proposal preparation
* Assisting with environmental assessments and environmental monitoring
* Developing your technical skills and sharing these skills with other members of your team and your technical discipline
* Contributing to the business and technical mission of a multi-disciplinary team environment within Mine Environment and related technical discipline groups
* Other duties as required
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
* Master’s Degree in environmental or biological sciences, toxicology, or related field
* Eligibility for professional registration as a Registered Professional Biologist (College of Applied Biology of British Columbia) or other applicable professional regulatory body.
* Background in terrestrial or aquatic toxicology, human health toxicology, risk assessment, or related discipline
* Sound working understanding of environmental chemistry to support biological/ecological studies relating to contaminants
* Familiarity with environmental sampling methods
* Willingness to travel
* Good attention to detail
* Strong quantitative skills
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Passion for working in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team environment
* Strong interpersonal, communication and innovative thinking skills are essential
* Valid BC Driver’s licence
* A positive demeanour towards carrying out your work safely and supporting the safe work of those you work with
Our staff benefit from:
* An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates
* Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
* Employee mentoring program
* Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
Regularly ranked as one of the best companies to work for!
Established in 1960, Golder is a global, employee-owned organisation driven by our purpose to engineer earth’s development while preserving earth’s integrity. From over 165 offices worldwide, our more than 6,500 employees help our clients find sustainable solutions to the challenges society faces today including extraction of finite resources, energy and water supply and management, waste management, urbanisation, and climate change. We do this by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services to our clients in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy. When we work for Golder, we also work for ourselves.
Golder’s Mine Environment Division is a globally distributed, multi-disciplinary group of technical professionals working to provide innovative, integrated environmental and engineering solutions to the mining industry.
Apply Online - Golder's Canadian Job Opportunities
Refer this job to a friendRefer