Manager, Lab IT Services and Support Job|
View all jobs from this company
<< Go back |
||Nov 15, 2017
||- n/a -
||- n/a -
||US - Massachusetts - CAMBRIDGE2
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
As the Manager for Lab IT Services and Support, you will work collaboratively with both Information Technology leadership and the Research and Early Development community to supervise evaluation and implementation of lab IT projects, systems, and support initiatives at the department and enterprise level.
He or she should be able to effectively work in a global, collaborative, diverse, complex, and service-oriented environment. They will be expected to continuously improve processes that fall within the range of their responsibilities. Main accountabilities include the following:
- Coordinates and oversees all aspects of IT support as it relates to laboratory systems
- Manage and provide operational leadership to lab IT service and support personnel at R&ED sites across the US: Seattle, San Francisco, San Diego, New Jersey and Cambridge
- Implement and maintain standard operating procedures that are aligned with industry best practices
- Establish and continuously improve lab IT services capabilities, driven by lab user community demand
- Monitor appropriate and proper service delivery and develop KPIs
- Understand business objectives, processes, and strategies
- Plan, direct and manage performance of lab IT service and support staff
- Ensure organizational effectiveness by implementing policies, processes, and effective practices
- Maintain the administration, budgeting, reporting and communication between IT and business function
- Be the single point of contact for the escalation for Lab IT support issues
- Serve as trusted advisor to business on lab system needs and activities
- Provide subject matter expertise in the functional area as it relates to system capabilities
- Develop lab systems processes to standardize the configuration of interfaces to corporate network resources
- Proactively manage changes in project scope or schedule and assess their impact on budgets, business processes or other initiatives,
- Drive effective business governance of projects and post implementation oversight of applications/platforms
- Ability to work strategically and independently with internal and external groups on multiple simultaneous projects
- Ability to diagnose sources of problems in both systems and business processes
- Manage and develop direct reports
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Establish relationships with site leaders to develop a lab IT Support strategy that is aligned with their business requirements
- Assist in the development of a Service Catalog and SLAs
- Assist in developing and implementing IT guidelines and support strategy for the lab compute environment
- Serve as advisor on using IT capabilities to further enable business activities
- Understand IT strategies, policies, standards, and work practices; and, effectively represent them to the business
- Work with IT colleagues to develop project resource estimates and timelines
- Act as functional project manager for new lab systems or enhancements to existing lab systems
- Prepare or oversee response to unresolved production support issues and participate in analysis and resolution on behalf of the business
- Prepare or oversee preparation of documentation consistent with standards for documents such as requests for proposals (RFP), service level requirements (SLR), training documents, user manuals, and work practices.
- Drive development and execution of change management and training throughout the organization during the implementation and ongoing use of system applications
- Understand project management and contribute to defining work plans and keeping track of progress
- Facilitate meetings with business colleagues on IT topics
- Span of Control – Accountable for lab IT support provided to all Research based locations in scope.
- Direct Reports – TBD
- Indirect Reports – Managed service provider resources + onsite TBD
- Budgetary Responsibility - $1+m yearly operational budget and any project related expenses. Project task level and/or specific deliverable activities as determined.
- Interacts w/ - Business and IT colleagues at all levels of the organization. Day-to-day interactions focus on business process performers, IT department leaders, and operational
- Proven leadership experience
- Operational background in managing lab systems and technologies
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- Strong listening, collaboration, and relationship development skills
- Ability to serve as team leader or as individual contributor
- 4-year degree, graduate degree a plus
- At least 10 years of experience in Lab IT / informatics Support and Service Management, with several years in a leadership position.
- 10+ years Pharmaceutical, Bio-Technology or Life Science industry experience including requirements elicitation, documentation, testing,training
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project Management tools
- Familiar with requirements management tools such as Blue Print Requirements Center, Requisite Pro, or similar
- Project experience with COTS and Web-based requirements, design, or development
- Business analysis certification a plus
- Six Sigma, Lean or Business Process Change Techniques a plus
- Experience with Service Mgmt. processes including Incident, Request, Change and Problem
- Conceptual & practical understanding of IT Support fundamentals. ITIL experience and knowledge is a definite plus.
- 3-4 years experience in directly managing small to mid-size teams.
- In depth understanding of laboratory systems and instrumentation technology
- Awareness of business and enterprise architecture
- Awareness of regulatory compliance and role of systems in supporting compliance
- Understands fundamentals of Systems Development Life Cycle
- Understands fundamentals of system testing
- Strategic Partnering
- Business acumen
- Project and Portfolio Management
- IT Domain Knowledge
- Constructive influencing of colleagues to positive outcome with excellent negotiations skills
- Analysis and problem solving
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Req ID: 17000007
Primary Location: United States--CAMBRIDGE2
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Celgene Corpo