Maintenance Supervisor - Chemical Engineering Research Facility - Wyandotte, MI Job|
View all jobs from this company
<< Go back |
||Nov 15, 2017
||- n/a -
||- n/a -
||US - Michigan - Wyandotte
Maintenance Supervisor - Chemical Engineering Research Facility - Wyandotte, MI-1704380
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
The Maintenance Supervisor of the Chemical Engineering Research (CER) facility will be part of the maintenance team based in Wyandotte, MI.
As the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be expected to lead and manage all maintenance roles and processes within the Chemical Engineering Research (CER) facility. This includes all manufacturing, shipping, and lab equipment, building equipment and infrastructure, rotating, stationary, and instrument and electrical equipment located within the CER facility. You will also be responsible for executing the MPI maintenance process, establishing a reliability focus throughout the area, ensuring a culture of continuous improvement and safety excellence.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Lead and supervise day to day mechanical and E/I maintenance personnel and activities.
- Assist with day to day maintenance planning & scheduling, reliability, & regulatory activities.
- Ensure compliance with all environmental, safety, and health requirements, and fosters an injury-free work place by establishing high safety and housekeeping standards.
- Participate in and implement MOCs (Management of Change), PSSRs (Pre-Startup Safety Review), PHAs (Process Hazard Analysis), SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and other regulatory processes as required.
- Maintain the mechanical integrity audit requirements related to internal and external audits for PSM, ISO, MIOSHA, and MDEQ.
- Develop and implement preventive and predictive maintenance programs and best practices for mechanical and E/I equipment.
- Be involved in root cause failure analysis of equipment failures and implements corrective actions.
- Coordinate with CER operations management to minimize business impacts.
- Work closely with maintenance planner/scheduler and CER facility gate keepers to coordinate maintenance activities and minimize equipment downtime.
- Support reliability processes to drive improvements, optimize costs, and improve asset effectiveness.
- Provide input on the maintenance spending budget and strive to keep spending within the budget.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- An Associate’s degree in instrumentation, electrical, mechanical or other technical field with 10+ years’ of maintenance experience, with at least 8 of which are at the journey-level OR a high school diploma (or equivalent) with 12+ years’ of maintenance experience, with at least 8 of which are at the journey-level.
- Knowledge of safety practices, safe work methods and safety regulations.
- Working knowledge of precision maintenance techniques, laser alignment, etc.
- Working knowledge of fixed, rotating, fired, glass lined, Instrumentation & Controls equipment, as well as working knowledge of building systems – HVAC, climate control, etc.
- Working knowledge of PM (preventative maintenance) practices and philosophy
- Working knowledge of SAP CMMS or similar program.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software – excel, word, power point, etc. to create periodic reports for safety, budget, audit compliance, etc.
- Ability to select, motivate, lead and evaluate staff and provide for their training and development.
- Ability to work in a team environment and establish and maintain effective working relationships with all departments at the facility and also within the site.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, organize, estimate, coordinate, assign, review and evaluate the work of the maintenance crews, as well as, the ability to drive continuous improvement.
- Supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of relevant state and federal regulations, and codes.
Primary Location: US-MI-Wyandotte
Function: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-FTN-Engineering/Maintenance North America