- Maintain laboratory supply and reagent inventory to fully support the ongoing and upcoming research needs of the lab, and proactively submit purchase requests for needed research supplies and reagents such that there be no delay to scheduled research.
- Participate in the research budget planning and proposal submission process to provide input for estimating cost of supplies and reagents and estimating instrumentation-time needed to support proposed research such that all estimates proposed for supplies and reagents are determined to be 90% accurate at the end of the performance period.
- Maintain an internal budget of all purchase requests submitted and line of accounting used, and match these records with weekly budget reports from the resource management division in order to account for any items not received and ensure that all planned supply and reagent resources have been at least 90% committed by end of the period of performance or cutoff date established during the planning process.
- Be proficient in the use of government procurement systems to submit and track purchase requests.
- Train and assist technicians and junior researchers and meet with the technical staff to provide feedback.
- Prepare and use laboratory SOPs and protocols as well as SDSs to maintain compliance with laboratory safety regulations.
- Plan, coordinate, and perform laboratory assays in ongoing projects.
- Oversee scheduling of all laboratory operations, including, but not limited to, manpower schedules, instrument usage, maintenance, and miscellaneous laboratory duties.
- Track and assist in the writing of manuscripts for publications, prepare data for in-house presentations, and present findings at scientific meetings.
- Comply with all specified guidelines regarding safety, security, standard operating procedures, written protocols, technical manuals, and procurement of supplies/equipment.
- Prepare and track collaboration agreements and conference approvals.
- Bachelors Degree in a scientific discipline.
- 4+ years’ experience in handling laboratory samples, troubleshooting and maintaining laboratory equipment, analyzing data using applicable software, generating reports and summaries for presentations, managing data spreadsheets, requesting supplies and materiel as needed to perform general laboratory maintenance.
- Have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills as well as good written and oral communication.
- Have experience with environmental regulatory compliance and compliance testing in a laboratory setting.
- Have laboratory management experience including satellite accumulation point management, GHS labeling standards, chemical inventories, and chemical hygiene plans.
- Have laboratory budget development and accounting experience, knowledge of supplies cost, and supply procurement.
- Have experience drafting SOP’s, planning experiments and study execution, and prioritizing goals of multiple projects
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.